⚠️Please read the description in details and include a cover letter + resume in your application⚠️
Our company is looking for a German and English speaking executive assistant.
About us: we are an independent online media company based in Berlin, Germany. Our team of 6 people works mostly remotely but we also have an office in Berlin. We are a dynamic team of young people with science backgrounds from all around the world (we are all from different nationalities).
Your responsibilities will include:
- preparation of monthly and yearly bookkeeping
- preparation of payroll and support to employees
- communication with tax advisor, health insurance companies, and legal institutions
- tracking team vacation and sick days
- preparation of contracts
- onboarding / offboarding of new employees
- organizing team building events
- remote office management (booking cleaning service, communication with landlord etc)
- preparation of invoices and sales contracts
- followup of clients payments and support to clients requests
- payment of bills in due time
- customer support (redirecting emails to team members in charge or light technical support)
- support management on finance and HR topics/brainstorming
You will report directly to our Managing Director but also be in constant contact with the team through our communication channels (emails, Slack and [login to view URL]).
Those tasks should take between 20 and 40 hours per week but may vary each week depending on the need.
About your skills:
We are looking for autonomous and problem-solving people. We use a variety of software to help us in our tasks and a quick learning curve is expected. We communicate asynchronously and only use meetings as a last resort. For this reason, strong communication skills are mandatory for this position.
Most of our SOPs are already developed but we are always looking for feedback and way to improve the way we work. A strong sense of business efficiency would be appreciated.
We use DATEV Unternehmen online for our bookkeeping and Payfit for our payroll. Previous experience with those software or similar will be appreciated.
Native or fluent German level is expected from the assistant. German is employed with external stakeholders. The team speaks English.
Good knowledge of German bureaucracy is a plus.
But overall, we are looking for a good team player and someone who is looking for a company to support in the long term! If this is you, feel free to apply!