You are a member of BEDS FS Racing Car team and will be responsible for a sub-system as demonstrated on last page. The car is planned to be ready for FS competition in summer 2021. Your primary task is to make initial concept design and make necessary consideration for manufacture. Your team will prepare an analysis report to the Product Manager who is responsible for the launch of the new car range.
Doing the Project
• Benchmarking - Make a brief survey of competitors. Identify and list at least five competitors’ main features and main specifications which are relating to the sub-system which you are responsible for.
• Concept Design - Based on the above survey, determine your system’s basic specifications.
• Sketching – The whole sub-system and some main components.
• Materials and Costing – Make material selection for most components and estimate each component cost and the total cost of your system, including material cost, machining cost, assembling cost etc.
• Manufacture Consideration – Identify one or two main components then plan the manufacture/machining methods and processes.
• Lean Manufacture – Have necessary consideration, analysis and description for lean manufacture.
Complete project needs to be done in two days, and maximum budget is Rs. 500, maximum number of words should be 2500, and max pages in the report should be 10, along with font of Arial 11 point and appropriate margins and 1½ line spacing