Our project is IPTV UDP MULTICAST on our network. We already have udp multicast streams. (about 150 channels) .
Our curent working setup for android STB is HAL LAUNCHER ([url removed, login to view])
and for player the free version:
[url removed, login to view]
We don't have middleware server. the channel list and EPG (.xml) is accessed using an URL.
Authorisation of client is based on MAC/IP and also for suspending we remove the multicast vlan from the coresponding switch port.
What we want to change:
- we don't want to relay on this free app's (launcher and player) for the stable solution.
- we need a complete / tested solution for our needs so we can customize and integrate in the android firmware
Past experience with iptv multicast for android app is a requirment
The budget listed include a basic middleware solution. without middleware please expect less.
ABOUT THE PLAYER:
1. Parse XML playlist file / XMLTV or other EGP file
2. Player must be able to select the preferred PIDs to play for audio and subtitle
( in order: RO, EN, etc... can be provided into the XML playlist file )
3. The application (player) should auto-run on boot and open last watched channel. In the player's menu should be a button "Applications" who takes to the default launcher where all app's are, includin the shortcut to go back to player.
4. It will be nice that the STB makes periodic ( let's say each 5 minutes )
calls to our API and tells what it is playing.
5. Each STB will have a hardcoded ID in a file into the firmware, using this ID the
player must make a API call to our server in order to permit or deny access (
using SSL encrypted connection )
6. Ability to do remote player upgrade -- very important.
7. Ability to send notification to end user ( in form of a splash screen
that the user can confirm ). It can be done with a API call on startup or
channel change, if the STB found a new notification then it will show it
and return to us the user choice.
8. Time shifting/record local or on our server when user hit Pause button / this option should be available only for some channels at our choice. (some tv station don't allow time shifting) – this item is optional.
- Video streams is encoded in MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, SD and HD
- Audio Streams is encoded in mpeg1, mpeg2, ac3, dts
Thank you all