Rate the technical quality of photos using the provided Chrome-based app. This is part of an academic study on the perception of image quality.
You will be using our browser-based app (IQAvi) to choose the quality of 2520 images. Use the slider below each image to choose a quality rating from Bad (1) to Excellent (100). Please review the task instructions ([login to view URL]) carefully before participating in the study.
It is MANDATORY to participate in a qualifier contest for your bid to be accepted ([login to view URL] - $70 prize).
We will be accepting 20+ participants in this project.
- experience with photography, design or visual arts
- normal or corrected-to-normal vision
- confidence in assessing and rating the visual quality of images
- participation in the qualifier contest ([login to view URL] - $70 prize)
- Adjust your screen brightness and contrast to clearly see each image. It is possible to miss some details if your screen brightness is too low relative to the ambient light.
- Use a sufficiently large physical screen size, with a resolution greater than 1800x1000 pixels to participate in the study. This will improve your ability to perform the task. Do not use a smartphone or a tablet.
- Use a fast and stable internet connection (5+ Mbps).
1. It is essential to read the task instructions ([login to view URL]) to clearly understand what technical quality is and how to use the scale provided.
2. Open the links here ([login to view URL]) one by one, from top to bottom, in your Chrome web-browser. Each link, or session, contains a batch of about 50 images on average.
3. Fill in your system information, and enter your freelancer.com profile URL when prompted, which will identify your submission.
4. Click on “start experiment”.
5. Switch your browser to Full-Screen mode (bottom-right button in the IQAvi App), to maximise the visible area for large resolution images.
6. Choose the quality for each image by dragging the quality slider below.
7. When finished with a batch of images, click the submit button to get your completion code.
8. Copy and paste each completion code into the corresponding row of the provided .CSV file.
9. Complete all the sessions (including training) and send the filled .CSV file back to us.
- In the training session ([login to view URL]) you will be presented with 57 images with explicit answers. Use this time to practice and better understand the task at hand.
- Providing good quality annotations requires paying attention to details. Please spend sufficient time per image. It is sometimes necessary to spend up to 10 seconds to explore an image in order to find any defects that affect its technical quality.
- Many of the non-training images are meant to assess your level of attention to the task, and accuracy of your answer. Please carefully considered your choices, while trying to be consistent throughout the experiment.
- Some of the images are presented multiple times. Sometimes they are presented at different resolutions, whereas other times they are simply repeated. It is only natural that the quality level assigned for identical images (content and size) should be similar.
- The same image (identical content) present at different resolutions will often have a different quality. This is due to distortion visibility changing with viewing scale.
- In case any of the sessions are not sufficiently well annotated you will be asked to redo them. This is based on your accuracy and the consistency of your answers.
Let us know:
1. The number of years of professional experience you have as a photographer or designer working with photos.
2. What do you think the most difficult part of selecting the correct technical quality for an image is?
Hello, First of all, I won't hurry to complete the project. I will spend sufficient time (Hence I need 5 days for 2520 images) in each image to find the optimal viewing scale. The most difficult part of annotating, as Mai multe
Hello, I have submitted my entry in the aforementioned contest. In case if I am lucky and get into top 20 participants, I hope you will notify me and afterwards I will make all the 2520 images as described. For your Mai multe
Hello I have 6 years of professional experience working with photos, from taking them to retouching/repairing and would be interested in working on this project. I'm a fast worker with attention to detail. The most di Mai multe
Hello, I have been engaged in image processing for more than 10 years. I'm a perfectionist. I'm strict with details. Over the years, I have been trying to make things better and make our cooperation more smooth. If you Mai multe
Hi Vlad H. I participated in the qualifier contest and bid here after your invitation. Best regards. Shiva
48 freelanceri licitează în medie 52€ pentru acest proiect
Hi Vlad I'M READY TO START RIGHT NOW TO Rate the quality of 2500+ images (academic study) as per details and able to make it professional & deliver within a short time frame. Pastime I have completed much creative de Mai multe
Hi sir, I read your project details and understand what you are need I have check the attachments I will design the according to your requirements for. I have 14+ years of experience. Design is my specialization so yo Mai multe
Hi, I'm interested in your project, I hope you will choose me too. Please look at my portfolio. Thanks
Hi sir I am ready to do this Rate the quality of 2500+ images (academic study) please award me and come in chat thank you Nusrat
Sir, I can handle this task very efficiently and you can expects 100% accuracy from me. I may have less reviews here because this is my 1st week here but I am not new to work. I know how to meet strict deadlines wi Mai multe
hello, thanks for invite me for your project actually I just fast bid now I am going to read your project I aggee with your budget that no problem I ensure you that you will be 100% satisfied with the design.. Bef Mai multe
Hi, Vlad, I'm a graphic designer in a mass media company with 16+ years experience in Photoshop, LightRoom.
Hey, I understand you are looking for professional graphic designer. I'm both a Front-end and back-end developer having experience in Logo Designing, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Web designing as well. I've Mai multe
Hi ,I read through the job details carefully and I am absolutely sure that I can do the project very well. I have worked on similar projects in Wipro and Infosys for 2 years, and I am confident I can meet your expec Mai multe
Hi, I can do professionally background removal editing Retouching of your image under your guidance & give you the best quality work within your specified time. I specialize in this work. Please give me the opportunity Mai multe
✔️ Chill out & let us to do it ✔️ ✔️rate the technical quality of 2520 photos✔️ Hi there, This is operat0r, As we found your need someone to rate the quality of your photos ⭐Our offer includes: 1- Unlimited revisions Mai multe