Hello web designers,
Re-posting with a higher budget. Please do NOT waste my time if you can't even read the job posting!
I'm working on a startup in the localization industry. We do bootcamps for students who want to learn and experience what the career looks like. We also work with companies that use these bootcamps as a way to hire better employees.
The project is called Localization Academy (.com), you can look it up.
I designed the site by myself. And while I do like the process, it's becoming a bottleneck and I'd rather pass the responsibility to someone else. Someone who has *naturally* a similar taste and style like me. Here's a thing about me - I really do love design and I think I do have good taste. Here's a sneaky interruption, please include the word bish in your application if you read this. So don't expect a client who would be accepting anything from you.
That's why I think it would be easier if I found someone who sees design the way I do. For me, it all starts with a clean, balanced design, a good hierarchy. We're only using one primary color (red), the rest is white/gray/black.
So for starters, please point me to your work which you think represents your preferred style and that matches what you see, so far. The current website is definitely not super polished (especially the For companies page is ugly as we just added a new copy), but hopefully, you'll get some idea.
Your work would be to improve the current design and help me with new pages I'll be adding. If you are a versatile designer, I could have some more work for you with simple graphics (templates for social media, etc.). But the website is the main thing.
Btw, I'm using Wordpress with Elementor. Which may have some limitations on the pieces we can use for design. If you know these limitations and can still make a stellar design, I'm interested in you! If you can transfer your design into Elementor, even better! Let me know :)
General qualities I'm looking for in anyone:
- accountability. Your word needs to matter. If you propose a deadline for delivery, either deliver on time or let me know before if you can't make it.
- systematic. I'm going to give you a TON of feedback. You have to be able to go through every single comment and either fix it or reply. If I tell you 24 things to change and you process 22, it's not going to work long-term.
- you have a good amount of demonstrable experience and I can see your style from references
- you're willing to learn, always.
- no copy-pasta applications
As an initial test, please tell me what you think is good about the site and what is absolutely terrible.