Cancelling projects is only recommended if you no longer need your project to be done. This is only available if no payment has been made on the project. You will not be able to leave feedback on a cancelled project.
For Fixed-price projects:
1. Click End Project on your project’s Management tab.
2. Select My requirements have changed and I no longer require this work to be done.
3. Click Submit to confirm.
For Hourly projects:
1. If the automatic billing is enabled, disable it first by clicking End Billing.
2. Once the automatic billing is disabled, click End Project.
3. Select My requirements have changed and I no longer require this work to be done.
4. Click Submit to confirm.
If the project has an unpaid invoice, you will be prompted to pay it first or bill as scheduled when you click End Project. You can pay the invoice or ask your freelancer to cancel it instead. Note that if you proceed with the payment, you can either mark the project as Complete or Incomplete, but not cancel it.
In progress Milestone Payments, if any, should be cancelled first in order to proceed with the project cancellation.