+ Experience and partners:
- 10+ years of experience in Moodle. I have been working with various roles such as full-stack dev, technical lead, project manager...
- Support many universities in England, Europe and the US to successfully apply Moodle into their business such as UOLW (University of London Worldwide), MMU (Manchester Metropolitan University), King's College, OU (Open University), Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)...
- Proven ability to build, maintain, improve performance for large-scale systems serving millions of users. Dedicated to identifying customer needs and delivering effective solutions to all problems.
+ Common Moodle tasks:
- Moodle hosting on AWS, deploying Moodle projects to AWS with EC2, Load balancers, cloud based infrastructure.
- Moodle as the backend, ReactJS, Angular, Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal ... as frontend.
- Clearly define the modular structure model to support micro-services for large scale Moodle websites.
- Creating, developing, integrating and maintaining a variety of plugins such as activities, resources, local plugins, blocks, availability, reports, backup/restore...
- Improving the performance of existing processes because of data growing day by day. This can be achieved by effectively/efficiently using Moodle cache mechanism.
- Clearly defining access-right for users by combination of role, capability, permission and context. This is sometimes tricky even for developers.
- Creating numerous cron-tasks to transfer student marks/grades to external webservices and to normalize data for complicated reports.
- Customizing course view with Moodle course formats.
- Overwriting Moodle core functions without changing Moodle core code.
- Building a variety of reports about marks/grades, attendance, student submissions...
- Synchronizing data between Moodle and external systems.
- Enabling Moodle to communicate with the outside end via a set of functions from Moodle built-in web-services.
- Building GDPR compliance to plugins. This is very important to work with users in Europe.
- Building Unit tests/Automation test with Behat, Selenium.
- GIT expert for large projects.
- Fluently English skills to daily communicate with customers and team members.
+ Contributing to Moodle community:
- You can check out one of the plugins I was involved to develop and contribute to Moodle community - Coursework: [login to view URL] and keep it working in upgrading the latest Moodle versions. Basically, this plugin works similarly to the built-in plugin "Assignment" but more focus on the grading workflow with more than one assessor, so two or more assessors will make grading on a student submission.
Git repo: [login to view URL]
- Looking forward to the opportunity to support you in the technical field of Moodle.